Desktop Publishing (DTP)
Translation of technical documents includes complete preparation of materials, including text layout and graphic design.
For translated documents, layout design means that the final text is brought in line with the original design (by keeping all details of the original formatting in the final document) or that the electronic format of files is changed according to the assignment.
We offer a wide range of desktop publishing services, including:
- Extraction from non-editable formats and digitization;
- Formatting of translated documents;
- Processing and layout design of graphical components and drawings (in one/two languages on paper/electronic data media);
- Design for print;
- Pre-printing services: creating layouts in full conformance with the requirements of printing firms and customers;
- Development of style guides for layout design and printing;
- Creation of templates for layout design and content management systems (CMS);
- Customized professional design and printing;
- High-quality business printing.
All translated documents are processed in accordance with the customer’s requirements using the following DTP software:
- Adobe Acrobat;
- Adobe Illustrator;
- Adobe InDesign;
- Adobe PageMaker;
- Adobe Photoshop;
- Macromedia FreeHand;
- Microsoft Excel;
- Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Microsoft Word;
- Quark XPress.
We can also process data using other software programs.
As a full service translation company, TranScript has a vast experience in providing desktop publishing services for documents of any size and complexity. If necessary, we will arrange for the delivery of final printed materials both in Russia and abroad.